AMP is a comprehensive experience that combines teachings about missional living with serving the community.
When you partner with Mission: St. Louis and participate in an AMP service trip, you will have an opportunity to learn - and be challenged - with important principles for effective, life-long service. You will be immersed in a new cultural experience where you will learn the realization of poverty, the effect it has on individuals and an insight into how empowerment and relationship address those fighting poverty on a daily basis.
Here's 5 reasons why St. Louis is the place for your group in 2019!
1. You'll not only be serving: you'll spend time learning too. You will be immersed in a cultural experience where you will learn the reality of poverty, the effect it has on individuals and an insight into how empowerment and relationship address those fighting poverty on a daily basis.
2. If you want, we'll plan every detail of your trip. Maybe you're planning a last minute service trip, or maybe you've been planning your alternative spring break for months; either way we can help! We offer all-inclusive pricing for your trip, or you can plan parts of the trip on your own. From lodging to partnering to 3 meals a day, our staff will work to make sure you have what you need to make this week both impactful and a load off your back as well.
3. You'll work hard, but play hard, too. St. Louis is full of fun places that you can explore. You'll have time to go to a Cardinals game, the zoo (which is free), the City Museum, the Arch, Forest Park, or any of our free museums throughout the city. We have even built a scavenger hunt for groups to explore the city through a competition.
4. It won't be boring. Have you ever been on a trip where you painted one wall every day for a week straight? With partnerships and relationships with people throughout the city, we will make sure that you will experience a variety of service projects. This is not your average mission trip!
5. The work you start won't end after the trip is done. Our model is focused on empowerment: we are intentional to form long-term relationships with the people we serve, and you are helping to plant the seed.